I am determined to not go to bed until I get at least something written tonight! So, looking at the time, it'll have to be short!
We are back into the swing of things again and unfortunately, I have not gotten the Christmas decorations put away yet! I boxed up a lot of the kids clothes over the break and in order to get to the Christmas tubs I have to take a big chunk of time to store all these boxes in the crawl space first. When they name it a "crawl" space, they weren't kidding. It is an ordeal to get things in and out, but it is nice to have the storage. So, for now, we still look like we have the Christmas spirit around here. Tanna loves it and has rearranged the lights and bottom limbs several times. We only decorated the top half this year, but she has learned how to climb on the arm chairs to get up to the forbidden ornaments. Ah well - at this point I'm ready to just take the whole tree to the rodeo grounds (Lehi's designated drop-off sight for old trees) for compost. Unfortunately, they don't smile upon receiving artificial trees. It sure would make clean-up easier!
School is back to normal as of today. We went back Thursday and the kids were great for 2 days. In fact I was feeling like a pretty good teacher. But, today they were back to their "spirited" selves! Hopefully tomorrow they'll have calmed down a bit!!
Tomorrow I start my first class towards my Reading Endorsement. It's Tuesday nights for 2 years through BYU. I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but know it will be good for me. I'm doing it with my good friend, Amy, from school, so for that reason it will be fun. Anyway, I'll let you know how wonderful it is when I'm a bit more enthusiastic about it! The good news is that the district is paying for the bulk of it and it will help me move over on the pay scale. (I was almost at a dead end if I didn't start taking classes again!)
I taught the CTR 10 class for the first time on Sunday and enjoyed it! I really wasn't looking forward to it, because 10 year olds are not my specialty. But, they were really cute and were fun to tease! In fact, it was nice to not have to tap dance my way through a lesson! I'm used to the 4 year olds! They are very hard to keep on task for more than 3 minutes at a time. (You know they just have so many important stories to tell!!) But 9/10 year olds can stay on task for at least 5 minutes at a time. What a bonus!! I realize this was the honeymoon week, but so far so good!!
Tonight I decided that one of the qualifications for the Celestial Kingdom should be based on whether or not you can change the bedding on the top bunk of a bunk bed! What a pain -- but it's always nice when it's clean for a minute. In fact tonight the boys are sleeping in their sleeping bags on top of the clean sheets. Isn't that nice of them?! They should get brownie points for that!!!
Well, it's way past my scheduled bedtime and I find I'm a better mom/teacher/wife/driver/U.S. citizen if I get my beauty rest! In fact Dave has very delicately indicated that it might be good for me to get more sleep! What a guy!! I'm sure he's just considering my health -- not my temperament!!! :-) Anyway... until my next escape from the dishes and laundry....
Jill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sleep - sounds like an concept that you have forgotten! Don't know how you do it all.
We love reading your comments and hearing about your lives. The children are just as cute as can be. Those pj pics make me smile. I love the one of Scottie and the bear peeking out the blinds to see if Santa is coming. Enjoy him! It won't last much longer.
Good luck on your class tonight and for the next 2 years. It is something that needs to be done but is so hard to do. We are proud of you.
Wow, good job taking reading endorsement classes. Night classes are hard, but it will be a good break as well.
Great update!! You are a very good writer -- even if you ARE just now taking reading classes.
I'm sure Kellie would agree with you 100% on the whole bunkbed issue. I try to be gone on laundry sheet day so I don't have to be a part of it.
By the way -- the Kenny G Christmas music is pleasant enough, but it's January for crying out loud!! :-)
Love the pictures! It was fun reading the update of your crazy, fun life. I agree- sleep is the best remedy for anything. You deserve it! I think it's great that you are taking the reading endorsement class for your career too. Good luck! But I wish you even MORE luck changing the bunk bed sheets. I tried it when we had bunk beds and ended up having the boys sleep in sleeping bags after many frustrating attempts! :) And don't worry, my Christmas tree in our basement is STILL up. I haven't had the time or energy to take it down yet... Totally understandable!
Post a Comment