Monday, January 28, 2008

Racquetball Update!

Just thought I'd better let you know the final results on Dave's tournament this weekend. He ended up getting 3rd place in the A level competition. This was out of 3 people, mind you! NO, just kidding, I couldn't resist! I think there were about 10 others playing at this level. So, he did well for being out of the racquetball "loop" for a while. He has high hopes of doing much better, but I was pretty impressed with how well he did at this point!! Hey, I'm impressed that they can hit that round, bouncy thing with the racket! And they do it over and over. A hard concept for my ability level!! Anyway-- congrats to him!

I (for those wondering) survived taking the kids down to watch. Tanna did great - strapped in her stroller! The boys loved telling everyone that Dave was their dad. They were proud and told anyone who they forced to listen. We only made it to one game, however. Dave thought it was a little distracting. Hmmm...., imagine that!! That was fine with me. I'm a much better cheerleader from home. :-)

In other news....today the power went out for the whole afternoon at school. Fun, fun, fun!! But with the light from our one window we made do and survived. Unfortunately, the snowstorm caused our main road to be closed for a period of time. This delayed the buses and meant that we got to keep the bus students after school. Anyway it was a LONG day, but the kids did pretty well considering the circumstances. They finally sent our aide in to stay with the remainder of my class. They were concerned the roads would get worse and wanted me to get home while the road was open again. We (Scottie and I) made it home safely, but it was a slow drive home.

Here's to a less exciting tomorrow!

7 comments:

Mom G said...

Scary! I looked at ksl.com to read more about Pres. Hinckley and saw the news of the horrible storm. There was a terrible accident down by Benjamin (exit before Payson) involving semis and cars. Sounds like a bad wreck. So glad that you were ok. Hope that things are better today. Guess you are sending the storm this way because it is supposed to hit tonight (while Dad is at the temple).
Congrats again to Dave. Hope the kids get his athletic ability.

Paige said...

Congrats to Dave! Dan mentioned one time that he wanted to play racquetball with Dave. I said, "No, I don't think you want to do that!" Dave is way too good! Glad the kids got to watch him.

Steve and Kim said...

Congrats to Dave! And Jill, I feel for you. A classroom of kids in the dark is my idea of a nightmare!! And then to make the day longer is even worse!!

LJ said...

Tell Dave congrats! I think it's cute how Scottie and Mason were bragging about their daddy. I am glad that Dave has such a competitive side to him. I wish I had one! It sounds like the snow plows think your school is out in the boonies! I hope you make it to and from safely today.

Aprilyn said...

Wow! Where do you teach? The storm was awful here but thankfully got a little better when it was time to get Nathan from school. Orem doesn't usually get too severe. The wind was sure wailing though.

Mark and Kellie said...

Woohoo Dave!! Though I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to take you on, I'd sure welcome some pointers sometime.

Mytbroker said...

Good job Dave! I'll have to bring my racquet the next time I come up. Just bear in mind that I'll need a 10 point lead (playing to 15).