Monday, February 16, 2009

A Nice Weekend!

I love 3 day weekends. I just wish they'd give me one more day to finish all the things I thought I was going to accomplish. Ho hum! I made a dent in the laundry pile, but it's still there. It never seems to go away. Dave started cleaning/ reorganizing our basement, so one corner of it looks GREAT now. We just have 3 corners and a middle to finish. Ho hum #2! He also put in a new kitchen faucet, which looks really nice. Mom will be glad to know it's not the one that looked like it had come out of a high school science room. I talked him out of that one and he made a really good choice on the one he installed. He also worked more on the "new" 4 Runner. I know I don't know anything about cars, but I figure that with the time he's put into it, that car should be in top running order. Yet he still goes out there and pops the hood and always has something he's working on. Either that or he's found out that's the only way to get away from his loud, energetic children and nagging wife! Anyway, he is very handy and capable and I'm very grateful for that.

Meanwhile, I entertained kids, did laundry, cleaned up messes and played the Wii for the first time. Yes, the world can end now. Dave suggested we get one and I was all for it. The kids have been playing a lot of games on the internet, but even with good filters, it still amazes us what can pop up. So, our hope is that the Wii can be a fun thing for the whole family that is a little safer than the unknown that can enter our home on the computer! No, I do not have time to play, but I did find out what a mean bowler and a lousy golfer I am. (Tanna golfs better than me!!) We also got the High School Musical Sing Along game (for Tanna and me) and we are a pretty good karaoke family. The kids are so fun to watch as they belt out the songs and shake their behinds in time to the music. I can't sing and dance at the same time, so I'm not as fun to watch! I've also realized I'm a much better backup/shower singer. Ah well, I guess I won't quit my day job. First graders aren't too picky -- good thing!

We were able to get out and go on a family walk yesterday and deliver cookies to our visiting/home teaching families. It was so nice to get out again and I'm ready for spring weather. The kids are getting stir crazy and I'm ready for bike riding weather again. It does mean another chasing after Tanna summer, but nonetheless I'm ready!

Eleven more days until Mason turns 5! I'm not ready for that! I don't enjoy seeing him get older. He's such a fun little boy and I will definitely miss these little years. I can't imagine him in kindergarten yet! It seems like they just grow up way too fast after they start school. Scottie will be in 4th grade next year and I'm sad about that one too! I wish I could keep them little -- even if they are handfuls! Scottie took a valentine to a girl in our ward and I just am not ready for all of this. I'm too young!!

Tanna the Great is growing up too fast also! I was talking to her today and am still amazed that we have complete conversations with each other. She can and does say anything and amazes me with her ability to reason and her higher level thinking skills. Of course this doesn't manifest itself when she is coloring on the walls or dumping laundry detergent, but my hope is that she'll mature quickly in these areas as well! Today we were watching "amazing kids" on Oprah and one was a little 7 year old who was singing. She had a really pretty dress on and Tanna matter-of-factly said, "I think I'll wear that tomorrow!" I laughed! She really is concerned about what she wears and she LOVES dresses! She even got her dad to buy her some dresses while they were out one day and matching shoes! He just couldn't resist how excited she was about it all. Yes, Tanna is the best dressed girl playing out in the mud. And I'm becoming a mean stain removing laundry queen. (That is on the part that isn't still piled on our laundry room floor!!)

Well, my 3 day weekend is over and my To Do list gets to wait for my early morning and late night cleaning sessions -- or the next 3 day weekend For now I must get to bed and prepare for another day of 1st grade!

6 comments:

Paige said...

Wait, wait, wait. Dave bought Tanna a dress AND matching shoes, Scottie has a girlfriend, you guys got a Wii, AND you posted a new blog entry??? Jill, slow down, you're going to give us all a heart attack!

Steve and Kim said...

I totally agree with Paige!! Except for the fact that Mason's 4th birthday picture is the top picture - that sort of evens things out for me. Well, I guess Scottie won't be as excited to come to our house since he has his own Wii now. Emily could seriously play ALL day. Let me know if you figure out a good system for keeping them from playing too much.

The Gibsons said...

Ok I love what Paige said. I guess she sums it up for all of us. It was fun to hear about you guys. I have played the wii at a friends and would love to get one ourselves, but chris needs a little more convincing. But my favorite game to play is Wii Fit. Have fun.

Mom G said...

Wow, you have accomplished a lot in just a weekend! It was so nice to be with you for a short time. The kids are so cute. I am glad they are well and doing fine. Keep blogging when you can - we all enjoy your thoughts.

Mark and Kellie said...

I seriously thought I tuned into the wrong blog somehow. Wow!! Something weird in the air there in Lehi this weekend.

By the way, I'm finally figuring out the secrets to Wii golf. Maybe I'll play you sometime.

Sandra said...

Glad to see an update! I need to do my own!! The only game I play on our Wii is Tetris, and that's when I have a spare moment and Kent isn't playing (which as you can guess isn't very often). It doesn't help that it's in Kent's room, either.

I agree with 3-day weekends, though! Definitely need an extra day!