
Tanna's newest thing is to say, "Mom, let's dance!" any time she hears music and is in the mood! Well, tonight we were watching a church video called, "Praise to the Man." It is put out by the Living Scripture Company and has many parts of the video seen at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building with some additions/changes. Anyway, it goes through his whole life (in 86 minutes) and at the end W.W. Phelps is penning the words to the song "Praise to the Man" and a touching replay of scenes of Joseph growing up are playing to the stirring music. I, being related to Mom, was emotional feeling the spirit of the moment. Just then Tanna, also being touched by the music, came up to me and said, "Mom, let's dance!"
I was a bit surprised at first, but then was touched at the parallel this had with life. Sometimes, we can get wrapped up in the emotions and be so in tune with our present cares or situation that we lose perspective. In the movie, Joseph Smith has just been killed and W.W. Phelps is talking to Emma about his desire to pen a poem/song for Joseph. She concludes, "He is gone and all we have left are the memories." But, I liked how W.W. Phelps replied. He said, "Not only his memory, we have his teachings. We have his revelations. We have the Kingdom of God on earth!" Wow, what perspective! There is reason to dance. Even in an unfortunate end to his life, he accomplished so much in his short time on earth. And we have reason to celebrate! So, yes, Tanna, let's dance and remember there are so many reasons to do so!

4 comments:
How sweet. I haven't seen that movie yet but it looks good. Tanna looks so cute in that ballerina outfit! She and Natalia should get together and have a dance party!
What a wonderful thought! It reminds me of a saying in Samantha's room which says, "I Hope You Dance". I do hope we will take advantage of this life to be joyful. Cute Tanna! I would love to have her hair!
We don't have that one yet. Nice thoughts though. What if, however, we have two left feet? Do we still dance? Tanna looks adorable.
That is such a great analogy! Tanna is an adorable little dancer and reminds me of you! You are always full of optimism, happiness, and hope no matter what situation. You make life fun, just like Tanna! That movie sounds great and I do love W.W. Phelps perspective.
Post a Comment