Thursday, January 15, 2009
Associates Program
I'm writing from Salt Lake City tonight. I'm off on an "Associates" weekend. I was asked to be part of a Cohort through the BYU-Public School Partnership this year along with our principal and another teacher from our school. We're studying the moral dimensions of teaching that are needed to create an "educative community." Anyway, it's a lot of reading in preparation for each session, but I have really enjoyed the sessions. There are about 20 of us from Alpine School District and BYU. It's been interesting to learn from elementary through university level teachers/staff and I have learned a lot. The best part is that we are pampered while we are here with our lodgings and meals. Dave is good enough to take over home life and I get a bit of a get-away. Anyway, it's been a good experience and I'm glad for the opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad you get to have some fun - not that you don't always, but you know what I mean. It is great that you are able to take those classes and continue your education. Love you!
Glad you get a weekend away - those are hard to come by.
Next time, more details on the food they're pampering you with -- less on the "educative community" stuff.
Just kidding! It actually sounds pretty interesting.
Wow- I'm SOOO jealous. No kids for a whole weekend? Ahhh- just the thought of it is so heavenly... :) You deserve a break! I'm sure you're missing them at the same time though. :)
You sure are involved in so many things. I'm glad the district is seeing your potential and I'm looking forward to seeing you as Principal Shanks someday! :) Have fun!
Glad to hear you got to have a getaway. I hope someday I can go back to school. Good luck with all the reading.
Post a Comment